HOW TO PREPARE SEA MOSS GEL
Sea Moss Benefits
- Irish moss contains 92 of the 102 minerals. It is very beneficial to bones, hair, skin and nails.
- Not only will eating it help your hair and skin, but you can apply it directly to both. A quick search will show up hundreds of natural hair and skins masks using Irish moss gel.
- It’s high nutrient concentration makes it great for energy and libido.
- It’s helpful for weight loss because it will help you feel less hungry
What does Irish Sea Moss Taste Like?
It’s not something I’d eat on its own, because it does have a slight seaweed taste, but added in small amounts to a recipe, it’s virtually tasteless.
Irish Sea Moss Gel:
How to make Irish sea moss gel for use in drinks, raw cakes, and raw breads.
- ETO Irish Sea moss
- spring water
- key-lime (optional)
- 8 oz mason jar
- large bowl
- Thoroughly pick through and rinse your moss (3-4 times) until all the sand, debris and shells has been removed.
- Place your Irish Sea Moss in a large container, cover it with spring water. Make sure that the water covers the moss because the moss will expand when rehydrated.
- Soak your sea moss for 3 -6 hrs. (even overnight)
- Strain off the water
- Place gelatin textured sea moss in the blender, add very little to no spring water when blending.
- Blend until smooth, then store your Irish Moss Gel in a clean glass container (mason jar) and store it in the refrigerator.
- Sea moss will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.